Hanging out in your own swimming pool is a favorite activity for many people. However, to enjoy your pool, it takes a little bit of work and the right pool supplies. With the correct tools and chemicals in hand, the maintenance of your pool can be a simple process. Here are a few important pool supplies that every pool owner needs:
- Shock – This is what kills the bacteria in your pool that the regular chlorine doesn’t catch. It can help clear up a foggy pool or kill any growing algae.
- Test strips – You need a good supply of test strips to keep an eye on your chemical levels.
- Pool brush and skimmer – A multi-purpose pole with a brush and skimmer is important to have on hand. This allows you to do a quick cleanup when needed. It’s also helpful for retrieving things that have fallen into the pool by mistake.
- Storage bins – Your pool is a lot more fun with a few toys in it but allowing them to stay in the pool all the time is not good for the toys or the pool. Having a large bin near the pool where you can keep pool floats, noodles, balls, and diving toys makes it easy to keep your pool tidy.
- First aid – Pools are fun, but they come with hazards. It’s normal for kids to slip and fall on wet surfaces. For this, and other common accidents, have a first aid kit right by the pool so that you can quickly remedy the situation and provide good care for everyone using the pool.
Here at Carolina Pool Builders, Inc., we have been installing pools for decades, but now you can also turn to us for all of your needed pool supplies.